Sunflower Story

This is about me, my life, my hubby and kids, and my family. Sometimes it gets really real, but usually it's just about what's going on.

Name:
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Blah

I feel blah. Like burnt out. Suddenly extreme boredom has hit and I just don't want to do anything. I don't get it. I'll start to do something, then... I just don't want to do it for more than five minutes. Total lack of concentration. Maybe it's the new meds. But it's only been three days, so I seriously doubt that.

(Just went to investigate the noise in Katie's room.) Katie spent all day yesterday, last nite and until after dinner today with grandma. Grandma got a check from who knows where and wanted to take Katie shopping with it. Boy did they ever! And new stuff too. GM always shops the thrift stores but this time they went to actual stores and bought new stuff. Now Katie's playing with her new clothes instead of going to bed. She came in here prancing around like a fashion plate when she got home. It's funny and cute, and will no doubt become annoying in no time. Name brand shoes, too.. *ohh, look Mom, I got Vans*. LOL, silly kid. (But then, I seem to remember a time when name brands meant something to me, too.. back in the Stone Age).

Dominic is doing so much better and I can't wait for him to go back to school tomorrow. It's tomorrow after school that I'm dreading. A week's worth of homework and papers. Joygasm!

This struck me as funny and sad and pathetic, so I thought I'd make note of it. You know how when you're watching tv in the evening, the local news will advertise during commercials with some catchy *upcoming news* bit, hoping you'll stay tuned and watch. Well, ABC certainly wasn't trying too hard tonite. Not once, but twice, they advertised *The Battle of the Carpet Cleaners*. !!! Carpet cleaners? Who the fuck cares which one out of two (and yes, they apparently tested only two) cleans better? I'm not much for watching news, but even I know that just a few days ago, three hotels were bombed in Jordan by Al Qaida (and yes, I'm sure I spelled that wrong).... the French are still rioting after two weeks or more... and I'm pretty sure most of New Orleans is still destroyed.. and oh yeah, there were tornadoes in Ohio last night. So, carpet cleaners? Not so important. One wonders if the local news is trying to get cancelled. Sad.

I know there were other things I meant to write about here, but I can't remember what they are right now, so I'll leave you with this silly picture of Toby, the wonder dog. (It's a wonder he's still breathing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home