Sunflower Story

This is about me, my life, my hubby and kids, and my family. Sometimes it gets really real, but usually it's just about what's going on.

Name:
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pictures, pictures


Jamaie wanted me to take pictures at this thing today, so I did and... now here they are. My formatting skills apparently suck here, and I'm tired of messing with it, so what's here is here.

LOL.. everyone looked like hell. Leslie must have said at least 10 times that she hadn't showered in 2 days. I'm sure we all needed to know that. But, since we were going out on a boat into the bay where it was windy and cold, doing up ones hair and makeup seemed like a huge waste of time. We all met up at Cathy's house at 11 a.m. and then caravan'd off to the Magothy River. Me and Katie rode with Stephen and Carol. I totally didn't recognize Stephen. I still think of him (and Leslie, Karen and Kevin) as little kids. Jenny looks so strange with blond hair, but you get used to it I guess. Family gossip? Nope, not a thing. Tamara told me about breaking up with the guy who got her pregnant and that she's due in January, but nothing juicy about anybody. Guess there's nothing to tell since we're all boring people. So anyway, we all got on the boat, rode out to the bay. Leslie and Karen opened the box with the bag of ashes in it. Leslie took the first handful, tossed it and said "Goodbye Daddy".. then Jenny got up and made a little speech. She made everyone, including me, cry. Then she tossed her handful of ash. Then it was Karen's turn and she got everyone crying again. Kevin didn't say anything, just tossed his handful of ashes. Carol said something about how Howard used to talk her ear off and how she'd miss him, and tossed her handful. Cathy tossed some too, but didn't say anything cause she was crying too much. Then Mom took the rest of the ashes and dumped them into the water. Then Mom went and hugged her children, and she said something to Kevin about how he needed to say goodbye to his father, and he just totally broke down crying. On the boat, the driver guy had a bunch of carnations, so everyone took one and in their turn, laid it on the water. Then we headed back to the boat dock and had lunch at the restaurant there. Jenny's mother was supposed to join us there for lunch, but she never showed up. Everyone talked and ate and took pictures and hung out for awhile and eventually all headed back to Cathy's house to get their cars and that was it.



Jenny, Carol, Steven, Karen and Ed







Jenny (my stepsister)








Leslie and Karen (half-sisters)







Mary Jo and Helen May (Grandmother and Great-Aunt)







Ed (Umm..Great uncle, I think.. he's married to Great-aunt Debby who wasn't there)








Cathy (my aunt who doesn't talk to me except maybe every other year)








A lighthouse (I like lighthouses, I collect them, so I had to take the picture and have it here)






Diane, Karen, Carl (Step-grandmother [??], half-sister, and the grandfather I refuse to even look straight at because he's a racist ass, but someday the kids might want to know what he looked like, so I took his picture)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home