No heat, no Kelli
Last nite, the heater went on the fritz again, so we all went to bed cold because I wasn't going to call maintainance at midnite and wait up for them. Then after my bed got all warmed up, I had to get up to go to the bathroom, as usual. While I was out of the bed, the stupid dog got up there and pissed in it, AGAIN. He did this just a couple days ago too. Get this, he gets up there, takes a leak on my side of the bed, then crawls under the covers and goes to sleep. Like that's perfectly normal, no big deal, pissing on the bed. *oh i feel so much better now that my bladder's empty, i guess i'll take a nap*. Fuck! I threw the dog in the closet, closed the door, got my pillow and a clean blanket and went out to sleep on the couch. Man was I mad! I guess I scared the dumb dog enough that he was quiet for about an hour, but then he starts with the barking and jumping at the closet door. By now it's around 1 in the morning, so I find his muzzle, go put it on him and attempt to go back to sleep. Keep in mind, it's about 60 degrees in here, so getting comfortable and to sleep on the lumpy couch was not easy. I figure I got to sleep around 2 am, which really isn't unusual for me, but I hate that. Insomnia sucks too. About 5 am or so, Weston gets home and wants to *discuss* the dog. So not in the mood, I mostly ignored him and tried to get one more hour of sleep.
Then at 6, the usual. Kids up, fed breakfast, dressed, lunches made, and off to school. Came back and played computer for a couple hours and had to go nap at 10:30. Couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.
Got up at 2 to check my email. Dear sis in Hawaii (6 time zones away) tells me what Myke (30 minutes by car) couldn't. Kelli has to work tomorrow so she can't join us for the memorial service thing. *Lucky her*. Sitting in front of Dominic's school, waiting to pick him up, Kelli calls and tells me that she can't go. At least she called, which is more than I can say for her father. I told her about the gathering Sunday at GN's, maybe she'll go to that.
It's 4 now, I'm watching Charmed reruns while Dominic and Jodie run up and down the hall yelling like loons and Katie's reading a book like no one else exists. I think they all need some quality outside time.
Then at 6, the usual. Kids up, fed breakfast, dressed, lunches made, and off to school. Came back and played computer for a couple hours and had to go nap at 10:30. Couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.
Got up at 2 to check my email. Dear sis in Hawaii (6 time zones away) tells me what Myke (30 minutes by car) couldn't. Kelli has to work tomorrow so she can't join us for the memorial service thing. *Lucky her*. Sitting in front of Dominic's school, waiting to pick him up, Kelli calls and tells me that she can't go. At least she called, which is more than I can say for her father. I told her about the gathering Sunday at GN's, maybe she'll go to that.
It's 4 now, I'm watching Charmed reruns while Dominic and Jodie run up and down the hall yelling like loons and Katie's reading a book like no one else exists. I think they all need some quality outside time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home