The first day in the life of my blog
Blogging seemed like a good idea. I always have liked keeping diaries, and I type faster than I can write with a pen, so... here I am, and free is always good. And since blogging is all the rage these days, I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon.
About me.. I'm 32, have 3 kids, and have been married for 5 years. That's enough, you'll learn more if you read more.
Today I had to talk to Myke, my ex-brother-in-law. I had so much fun doing that, that I screamed just to relieve the tension after I hung up. But since Aunt Cathy and my mother and my grandmother Neal are such wimps, I got elected to be the one to call him and make arrangements for Kelli to get down here for the memorial service on Saturday. It's apparently going to be a fairly big shindig, the casting away of Howard the jerk's ashes into the Chesapeake. Only reason I'm going at all is for my mother's sake.
Not much else interesting happened today. Weston's off working an extra day. Negative bank account balances are never good, don't ya know. I think it's time I got a job. A real one. Not that I'd ever make as much as he does, but at least we wouldn't have to worry about having enough money for food. Maybe something part time I could do between the hours Dominic is in school. I'll have to look into it.
Also, I'm trying to be ready for Halloween for the kids. Can't find Katie's costume anywhere, so maybe I'll leave her home and she can hand out candy. She'll just love that. Not. Somewhere between the memorial Saturday and the crab feast at Mary Jo's Sunday, I've gotta get some shopping done.
Well, enough for today. Not bad for a first days blogging. :)
I wrote this next part for yesterday, but didn't have a place to post it, so it's here now :
The weather sure has turned cold all the sudden. Woke up this morning and it was 64 degrees in here. Seems our heater decided to turn itself off (it broke). So between listening to everyone complaining about freezing, I called emergency maintenance guys to come heat us up, got everyone ready for school and off we went. Me and Jodie came back, got Wes up and off to work and I've been mostly sitting here playing computer since then.
Back home again after picking up the boy from school. The homework they give for kindergarten is freaking nuts. First of all, who the heck ever heard of homework in kindergarten??? And the amount of stuff.. they must think that dealing with schoolwork is the only thing families have to do in the evening. I guess it doesn't help that the boy doesn't have the sense of a flea. Shouldn't say that about my own kid, but what's true is true.
Well, off to make some dinner and work on my gigantic 5000 piece puzzle some more (that thing is never gonna get done, but it's fun).
About me.. I'm 32, have 3 kids, and have been married for 5 years. That's enough, you'll learn more if you read more.
Today I had to talk to Myke, my ex-brother-in-law. I had so much fun doing that, that I screamed just to relieve the tension after I hung up. But since Aunt Cathy and my mother and my grandmother Neal are such wimps, I got elected to be the one to call him and make arrangements for Kelli to get down here for the memorial service on Saturday. It's apparently going to be a fairly big shindig, the casting away of Howard the jerk's ashes into the Chesapeake. Only reason I'm going at all is for my mother's sake.
Not much else interesting happened today. Weston's off working an extra day. Negative bank account balances are never good, don't ya know. I think it's time I got a job. A real one. Not that I'd ever make as much as he does, but at least we wouldn't have to worry about having enough money for food. Maybe something part time I could do between the hours Dominic is in school. I'll have to look into it.
Also, I'm trying to be ready for Halloween for the kids. Can't find Katie's costume anywhere, so maybe I'll leave her home and she can hand out candy. She'll just love that. Not. Somewhere between the memorial Saturday and the crab feast at Mary Jo's Sunday, I've gotta get some shopping done.
Well, enough for today. Not bad for a first days blogging. :)
I wrote this next part for yesterday, but didn't have a place to post it, so it's here now :
The weather sure has turned cold all the sudden. Woke up this morning and it was 64 degrees in here. Seems our heater decided to turn itself off (it broke). So between listening to everyone complaining about freezing, I called emergency maintenance guys to come heat us up, got everyone ready for school and off we went. Me and Jodie came back, got Wes up and off to work and I've been mostly sitting here playing computer since then.
Back home again after picking up the boy from school. The homework they give for kindergarten is freaking nuts. First of all, who the heck ever heard of homework in kindergarten??? And the amount of stuff.. they must think that dealing with schoolwork is the only thing families have to do in the evening. I guess it doesn't help that the boy doesn't have the sense of a flea. Shouldn't say that about my own kid, but what's true is true.
Well, off to make some dinner and work on my gigantic 5000 piece puzzle some more (that thing is never gonna get done, but it's fun).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home