Sunflower Story

This is about me, my life, my hubby and kids, and my family. Sometimes it gets really real, but usually it's just about what's going on.

Name:
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States

Sunday, May 07, 2006

My point is made, at last

Finally! Three kids, none baptized. Everyone says why? Today I say.. this is why......

I want my kids to find their own path, their own way to a religion. I long since left the Catholic church. I recently, a year and some ago, found Wicca to be the way for me. Katie showed an interest. She sorta studied with me. Did some rituals with me. And has now decided it's not for her. That's fine. Her and Dominic now want to go to church and Sunday school. Good for them. They can explore that path. GN can help them with that, with my blessing and my support. I will not go to church with them. But it is good that we have a family member who will.

The point being.. I will not shove a religion down my kids throat. How they choose to worship the Divine is up to them. Them. Not me. Not my family.

And so, that is why they are not baptized. When they choose Christianity as their faith and choose to be baptized, I will be there. If they choose not to be, I'll be there then too.

The only thing I will insist on, is that my kids respect the earth, and treat it as their home, because it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home