Sunflower Story

This is about me, my life, my hubby and kids, and my family. Sometimes it gets really real, but usually it's just about what's going on.

Name:
Location: Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States

Friday, November 25, 2005

Random



The other day I went over to grandma's cause she called with the usual 'you never visit' guilt trip. So I went, and Dad has begun construction (again). The back porch he built last summer is now becoming grandma's new bedroom. And of course I got roped into being 'faithful assistant', doing the hold this board, drill this screw thing. My joy is never ending, I tell ya. I guess it helps that dad is forever goofy, which makes it hard to tell him to leave me alone. Nothing quite like 30 degree weather to make you feel like building shit.


Dominic, of course was in his element. He loves to build shit. Anytime, anywhere, in short sleeves in the freezing cold (apparently).


Just a shot of Dad and Dominic. Who would have thought, five years ago, that he would come to love that boy so much?



Dad and Katie today, at Thanksgiving dinner. It was the strangest Thanksgiving dinner I think I've ever been to. Weston had to work, so I was on my own taking the kids over. That really wasn't a big deal. But the only people I really knew, other than my own kids, were Dad, Viv and Grandma. Vivian's kids came, and a guy named Ralph who is related to her in some way (I've met him before, but I don't remember). Jerika had random people with her, including her boyfriend. The most glaring thing though, was Jamaie and her crew not being there. She called during dinner. As more time goes by and more gatherings pass without her and hers there, the stranger it seems. She's always been there. I guess I'll get used to it.
Here's grandma, enjoying her turkey dinner with all the fixings. Every time I take her picture, she's got food in front of her. Weird.









See what I mean? Grandma and some food, and Jodie. This was also from the other day when I went over there, with guilting and building.



And these are my little angels, looking just as sweet and innocent as they possibly can. *Cough*

And while I'm being random, I have a confession to make. After all these years, during the last two of which I've had two sets in my house, I've finally broken down and started to read the Harry Potter books. I'm on about the third chapter of the first book. So far, so good. But I saw the movie, and that kinda sucks as far as being surprised goes. But I haven't seen all the movies, so I guess I'll be more surprised by the next books.
Oh and it snowed here last night. Nifty.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home